When people lose all the teeth in their upper or lower arches, what do they envision first as a replacement? If you guessed “dentures,” you would be correct! In fact, nine out of 10 adults missing all their teeth work with a dentist to receive traditional removable dentures. Thanks to technological advancements, though, many patients missing half or all of their teeth can receive All-on-4® full arch replacements in North Royalton, OH.
Classic Dentures Versus All-on-4®: Differences and Similarities
You might have heard about All-on-4® denture implants before but not realized that they were an alternative to regular dentures. They offer lots of advantages similar to dentures. With All-on-4® dental implants:
- Patients can restore their oral function and aesthetics;
- Patients can improve their confidence; and
- Patients can eat more wholesome and nutritious meals, socialize without worry, and enjoy life.
Again, these benefits mirror those of normal dentures. However, All-on-4® full arch replacements provide a few upsides that traditional dentures cannot. After placement of All-on-4® dental implants:
- Patients do not have to remove their permanent denture at night because the denture customized, comfortable prosthesis remains securely in place all the time;
- Patients can treat their implant-supported denture like real teeth;
- Patients lose less bone because their implants stimulate bone growth in the jaw; and
- Patients spend less over time on replacement dentures and related products like denture adhesives.
How to Become a Candidate for All-on-4® Full Arch Dental Implants
The process to receive All-on-4® in North Royalton, OH, starts with an exploratory consultation with a dentist. The dentist will check for bone support to ensure the four dental implants and denture will be stabilized during and after the implant surgery. If the bone has already weakened due to reabsorption, which is common, the dentist may recommend bone grafting prior to implantation of dental implants.
The dentist may also make recommendations based on potential problems. For instance, In some situations, patients need to address undiagnosed or unmanaged conditions such as early or advanced gum disease before they get the green light to undergo any type of oral surgery procedure. Regardless, any adult struggling with missing teeth or irritating traditional dentures should at least get an opinion from a friendly, award-winning dentist in North Royalton, OH.
Interested in setting up an appointment to talk about All-on-4® dental implants as full arch replacements for you or a loved one? Call 440-527-6292 to make an appointment in our office in North Royalton, OH with Dr. Mark Iacobelli and Dr. Stephen Sala.